Q: What is Lifecare?
A: Lifecare is New York State’s most secure retirement option. As a Continuing Care Retirement Community that offers Lifecare, we provide our residents with the ability to pursue the ideal retirement lifestyle, while being completely freed from the stress and worries of any future long term care needs, or how it will be paid for. Opting for Lifecare ensures that you will have priority access to long and short term healthcare services, including assisted living and memory care suites and skilled nursing care with private accommodations, here at Woodland Pond, with completely predictable costs.
Q: What kinds of fees can I expect to pay if I choose Lifecare?
A: You will pay a one-time entrance fee. This fee is determined by the
apartment or cottage style home you select, which contract type you select, and whether you are single or part of a couple. You will pay a recurring monthly service fee based on the selected residence, and number of occupants. You will pay a one-time Lifecare fee*. Then, if or when you are ever in need of long term care services in any of our more supportive environments (Assisted Living with or without memory support, or Skilled Nursing), you will receive lifetime care while maintaining your current monthly service fee, with just a slight increase for an extra two meals per day – and that’s it! As long as you maintain the required level of health insurance, your Woodland Pond costs will not change in other ways, because Lifecare will protect you.
Q: Are any of these fees refundable?
A: Yes, we offer a 90% refundable entrance fee, and a 50% refundable entrance fee, in which 90% or 50% of the one-time entrance fee (based on the plan selected) will be refunded to a designee of your choice.
Q: What will my monthly service fee cover?
A: Your monthly service fee covers:
- A monthly credit for restaurant style meals
- All utilities except for telephone, cable and internet
- Bi-weekly housekeeping services, weekly linen services
- Comprehensive upkeep / maintenance inside & outside your home
- Scheduled bus transportation for medical appointments, shopping, and activities
- Overnight security personnel
- Access to the assistance of an assigned Manager on Duty 24/7
- Monitored personal emergency response system 24/7
- Daily concierge services
- Access to all recreational, educational, wellness programs and amenities
- Your equivalent of local property taxes
- With Lifecare: priority access to supported living in Assisted Living, with or without memory support, and Skilled Nursing
- Access to the highest rated inpatient and outpatient physical, occupational, and speech therapy program in the Hudson Valley
- An amount that represents advance payment for the future cost of your care*
*This is likely tax deductible for you. Consult with your tax preparer for details.